Tampa-based ReedTMS Logistics is a family-owned and operated asset-based third-party logistics provider (3PL) that has been in business for more than 20 years. Combining a robust 3PL business and a mixed 3PL asset division, the company has improved its present circumstances and helped ready itself for the future with FreightWaves’ SONAR-driven decision -making. The company’s services include brokerage, produce transportation, asset-based services, freight management and dedicated services, all delivered with a 24/7 support network. ReedTMS Logistics manages over 125,000 shipments annually for more than 600 customers from a variety of industries using multiple transportation modes.
Like all freight management parties, ReedTMS responded to the market dynamics in 2018 by looking for a better solution to the freight data challenge. Instead of hoping freight rates and bookings would remain steady and consistent, ReedTMS has equipped its frontline staff with informed decision-making by employing SONAR. It’s a significant advantage in proactively planning and exploring new opportunities to conserve resources and maximize profitability.
ReedTMS applies the following SONAR features to reap a stronger value proposition:
- Using custom pages and reports to focus on high-priority markets.
- Applying SONAR’s various indices, including OTVI, ITVI, ITRI, OTRI and many more to understand market dynamics.
- Setting competitive rates with Lane Signal data to manage routes better.
- Using Mission Control to understand market fluctuations.
- Employing charts to quickly gauge changing conditions and recognize warming and cooling markets.
- Applying Critical Events information to avoid unexpected delays and better enable transportation optimization.
- Continuously learning more about the value of data to expand brokerage services via FreightWaves Passport.