Mountain Valley Express, which owns Freight Solutions, was acquired in late 2019 by ground parcel services provider General Logistics Systems (GLS) to create a combined freight and parcel offering as a fast, flexible alternative to national carriers. The company sought to expand its ability to source truckload transportation and offer an increasing array of consulting and management services, leading management to consider FreightWaves SONAR. By adopting SONAR, they realized, Mountain Valley could improve rating and truck management, overcome obstacles with data-driven decision-making and realize greater profitability.
“We have chosen SONAR to create a more productive risk management strategy and stimulate our ability to offer the best rates possible. Our brokerage arm uses SONAR daily, and in time, we will look to use SONAR more to unlock additional insights into smaller lanes and possibly use the API to integrate everything in one resource.” – Joe Bartone, VP of Sales & Marketing.
The company’s search for a scalable solution to provide real-time data capabilities and improve gross profit margins led them to SONAR, which was singled out as the platform best-suited to see MV through the industry’s evolving complexities. SONAR has helped MV overcome common booking and management issues by:
- Providing real-time information that improves customer service levels and enables accurate, consistent pricing for customers
- Replacing time-consuming, inefficient load board searches with streamlined, turnkey booking functionality
- Facilitating on-time deliveries and exception management
- Enabling enhanced, integrated invoicing and auditing processes
- Providing SONAR data to help validate shipment details in retrospect and gain insight into lucrative business opportunities