Understanding ocean shipping trends is vital to understanding the freight flows in domestic transportation markets. The easiest identifier is linking rises (and falls) in import volumes that are clearing U.S. Customs in port markets with increases (and decreases) in both truckload and intermodal volumes in the markets.
The free white paper, Ocean markets drive the domestic freight markets, shows how FreightWaves’ SONAR platform assists all members of the supply chain to understand how ocean flows are going to impact domestic transportation markets. Key ocean trends to stay on top of, outside of import volume trends include:
- Seasonal ocean shipping patterns
- Ocean shipping rates
- Container ship capacity trends
- Container availability
- Port market share trends
- Inland international and domestic intermodal container flows
- Truckload market conditions at port cities
Download the free white paper to understand how FreightWaves SONAR is able to turn those trends into actionable insights that help:
- Carriers better position assets and know which markets to heavily target
- Brokers refine rates and negotiation tactics with carriers in changing market conditions
- Shippers manage supply chains to avoid bottlenecks, manage carrier networks and hold carriers accountable for rates and service levels
The ocean analytics provided by FreightWaves SONAR allows all members of the supply chain to understand how domestic transportation networks are going to react and will set them ahead of the competition.
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE WHITE PAPER