Most Volatile Markets
The Most Volatile Markets dashboard within SONAR analyzes all the major indicators that suggest a market is about to change direction.
In any given market, there’s a certain level of volatility that is considered normal. Movements outside of those fluctuations can indicate a market will realize a crunch or oversupply of capacity, for example. SONAR helps measure the not-so-normal movement of specific indexes for a market, resulting in actionable insights. SONAR’s Most Volatile Markets dashboard gives you this visibility in real time.
- Display all markets or select those that are essential to your operation.
- Further filter this feature to either all selected markets or those with volatility outliers.
- Markets can then be prioritized by:
- Primary Market City Name:
- SONAR Market Code
- U.S. Market Share %
- Outbound Volume Volatility
- Outbound Reject Volatility
- Headhaul Volatility
- Tender Lead Time Volatility
- Outbound volume volatility:
- A sudden change in outbound volume indicates that the capacity map will be impacted, which directly correlates to capacity availability and changes in rates.
- Since SONAR presents near-time data and it can take weeks for the entire market to realize demand has changed, you’ll have the edge to take action before the competition.
- Outbound reject volatility:
- A sudden change in tender rejections means that the capacity map is shifting.
- A rapid increase in tender rejections means that carriers are gaining an advantage in the market and have better pricing power.