Kingsgate Logistics is a non-asset based, third-party logistics provider (3PL) that offers a full scope of logistics services facilitated by leading-edge technology and provides truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), expedited, intermodal and international shipping. Ohio-based Kingsgate Logistics’ formula to be a successful 3PL is “one part near-term and two parts long-term.” The company’s industry-leading technology keeps its customers on top of the ever-shifting factors affecting transportation. Kingsgate began using FreightWaves SONAR’s data and insights to help power its business. A key reason that Kingsgate chose SONAR, the industry’s premier freight forecasting platform, was the depth and breadth of data available through SONAR.
Kingsgate applies SONAR’s data and analytics on behalf of its customers in addition to its own proprietary software. SONAR-related initiatives include:
- SONAR is used in conjunction with its McLeod Software transportation management system.
- As a 3PL that services the entire United States, Kingsgate uses SONAR’s national data and analysis for information on all 135 major freight markets.
- SONAR’s Predictive Rates tool is a key feature used by Kingsgate to generate accurate pricing for RFPs/RFQs.
- The SONAR Lane Signals feature provides internal information that is also shared with customers and prospects.
- At about the same time the pandemic lockdowns began, Kingsgate started sending its customers and prospects a weekly market update email that contains key information obtained from SONAR.
- SONAR’s chatbot feature sends automated messages daily to Kingsgate’s dispatchers, letting them know that specific loads have been covered.
- Kingsgate was one of the first companies to begin using FreightWaves Mission Control system after it was introduced in May.